Adding Convenience to your Home
Over recent years, many homeowners have made the move to smart thermostats to take better control over their home’s heating and cooling systems. Aside from looking high-tech and sophisticated, smart home thermostats also offer user-friendly features, easy convenience, and excellent efficiency.
The best part? Smart thermostats can help you save money on your home’s heating and cooling bills. We love a win-win as much as the next person!
What is a Smart Thermostat?
So, what exactly is a smart thermostat? Simply put, it’s a thermostat that can be remotely controlled via your smartphone, tablet, computer – or any other internet-connected device you may have at home. Smart thermostats for home allow you to take better control of your home’s heating and cooling temperatures by scheduling your desired settings and potentially incorporating them into another smart home automation system you may have.
Why do I Need a Smart Thermostat?
As with many other home-running systems, they’ve become digitalized in recent years, and smart thermostats are the latest addition to helping your home run as efficiently as possible. Not only do smart thermostats help you schedule your home’s heating and cooling times, but they also learn your household’s patterns and, ultimately, help you save on money and energy consumption.
What can Smart Thermostats Do?
Depending on the type of smart thermostat you go for, they can offer a wide range of great features. These features include diagnostic features that help detect any problems your HVAC system may have, along with heating and cooling preferences tailored to your household needs. Our favorite thing your smart home thermostat can do? Using its sensors, pick up if anyone’s home and adjust the temperature accordingly to help your home feel cozy from the second you walk through the door.
The Top Five Benefits of Having a Smart Thermostat in your Home
There are many benefits to having a smart thermostat in your home, but here are our top five:
- Having the ability to adjust your home’s temperature using your smart thermostat anytime, anywhere!
- Using smart technology, let your smart home thermostat think for you.
- Saving money on your energy bills by monitoring your home’s energy usage in real-time.
- Enjoying their smart design and user-friendly features.
- Feeling good about helping to save the environment!
Related Search Topics (Ads)
What are the Negatives of Having a Smart Home Thermostat?
As with anything in life, there will always be pros and cons. And this wouldn’t be a fair article if we didn’t include the top negatives to having a smart home thermostat, so here they are:
- Smart home thermostats can be very expensive in terms of upfront costs in comparison to traditional thermostats.
- Installing a smart thermostat can be confusing for some homeowners. Although step-by-step instructions are included, it’s best to bring someone on board who knows how to install them correctly.
- Security can be an issue with smart thermostats, as with anything that’s connected to Wi-Fi. There is always a risk of hacking, so it’s important to keep your device as up-to-date as possible.
What do Smart Thermostats Offer that a Regular Thermostat Can’t?
One of the most important things that a smart thermostat can offer that a regular thermostat can’t is the ability to view and amend your energy consumption in real-time. This feature can really help homeowners to keep track of and monitor their home’s energy usage and adjust accordingly. Other features on smart thermostats include smart technology that can monitor when your home is occupied – or about to be – and can adjust the temperature on its own accord.
The Best Smart Thermostats on the Market Right Now
Are you looking for the best smart thermostats on the market? Look no further. Here are our top picks:
- Amazon Smart Thermostat: For cost-efficiency and can work in conjunction with Alexa voice commands.
- Honeywell Home T9 Smart Thermostat: For its smart-room sensors and easy-to-use touchscreen.
- Nest Learning Thermostat: For its super sleek design that fits with any home decor and its minimalist screen.
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat Premium: For its super smart features and the ability to work with Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit, and Alexa – without the need for a speaker.
As with all new technology, there can be a few bumps in the road as we adjust to this unique style of living. However, we firmly believe that the benefits of installing a smart thermostat in your home heavily outweigh the negatives. With that being said, it is strongly advised that you seek the correct advice before your change your home’s heating and cooling monitoring system over to a smart thermostat system. This way, you can ensure you’ll choose the right one for your home’s needs.